Benefit Planning

Are you receiving services from the Department of Rehabilitation (DOR) and/or Far Northern Regional Center (FNRC)?

If you’re thinking about working and have concerns about how it might affect your Social Security, Medicare, or other public benefits, WTC has got you covered! WTC has a Certified Work Incentives Practitioner (CWIP) on staff to provide support and guidance tailored to your unique situation.

Here’s what the CWIP can help you with:


The CWIP will work directly with you, offering personalized assistance based on your individual circumstances.

Benefits Impact

They’ll thoroughly analyze how employment could impact the benefits you receive and those of your household.

Work Incentives

The CWIP will educate you on and assist you in utilizing work incentives—programs designed to support employment without sacrificing crucial benefits.

Informed Choices

The goal is to empower you by ensuring you understand the implications of employment, including any trade-offs, potential risks, and advantages.

Wage Reporting

The CWIP will help you accurately report your wages, ensuring transparency with benefit providers and making appropriate adjustments based on your employment income.

In addition to these core services, the CWIP can also gather, organize, and provide clear, accurate, and credible information to you, your payees, and/or conservators. Depending on your needs, they may offer additional services such as applying for benefits, providing advice on financial planning, connecting you with relevant resources, and addressing specific challenges related to employment and benefits.

This information is crucial for you to make informed choices about employment while considering the potential impact on your benefits. So, if you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out to WTC and connect with their Certified Work Incentives Practitioner!
Various days and times are provided for services in Chico, Oroville, as well as online and distance options.

How to Get Started: Request a referral from your DOR Counselor or FNRC Service Coordinator.