Adult Day Programs provide many options for you
Adult Day Programs strive to give you learning opportunities in a friendly, happy and relaxed yet structured atmosphere.
Adult Day Programs include the Joe McGie Center in Chico (JMC), the Sierra Center in Oroville (SC), the Creative Learning Center in Paradise (CLC), and the Made in Paradise gift store and art gallery in Paradise (MIP). The Social Skills Training Program (SSTP) is an additional service of the Adult Day Programs.
Our Adult Day Programs strive to provide learning opportunities in a friendly, happy and relaxed yet structured atmosphere. We emphasize teamwork and social skills. Program participants are encouraged to participate in activities that promote growth in the following areas: Independent living skills, social and emotional skills, communication, and vocational skills. Each participant is given individual attention in order to maximize his/her own interests and skills. Staff endeavors to develop highly individualized classes and community activities for each program participant. Each Individual Service Plan focuses on personal strengths, abilities, needs and preferences (choices). Adult Day Programs operate Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Offices are open Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Admission and entrance criteria
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- You must have a primary diagnosis of developmental disability.
- You must demonstrate the potential to benefit from the services that are offered.
- You must not be a danger to self or others.
- You must be able to attend program regularly either on a full-time or part-time basis.
- You must have a need for close supervision and assistance.
- You must be able to function in a group setting with no less than a 1:3 staff-to-client ratio (exceptions to this are possible and negotiated with FNRC on a case-by-case basis).
Referral Packets for potential Adult Day Program participants go to WTC Director of Client Services, 2255 Fair Street, Chico, CA 95928.